Thursday, October 11, 2012

Keeping Sensitive Information Safe

Between online shopping and companies that require our Social Security numbers to sign up for practically everything - there is more risk than ever that our private information could become very public.            

The two things that worry me most are paper & people. Call me paranoid, but consider this:

Let's start with paper. If you are asked to fill out a paper form, how do you know who sees the information? Where does that form go in the process and how it is stored or destroyed? I'm very skeptical that each time I've given information in this way that it is destroyed after it serves its purpose.

Then I think on all the times I've had to give Social Security numbers, mothers middle name or other pass code info over the phone-  what if THIS is the day that this particular customer service rep has reached the end of their rope - and is walking out the door with my info and others.

What gives me more confidence? When I know my information is redacted. And not just by a person with a marker. Automated Redaction Software can be set up to "blackout" the sensitive information in forms and on other documents. Allowing only the right people to see that actual information and making sure that my information doesn't get printed out by a rogue employee and walked out the door.

Are you dealing with customer's sensitive information as part of your daily process? Are you interested in hearing how Automated Redaction Software can make you breeze through audits and also assure those customers that you have their best interests in mind?

sales@psiimage.com / 215.266.0848

No comments:

Post a Comment